Wednesday 18 July 2007

Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it

I've had some really nice touching unexpected things happen lately which made me smile. E-mails and voice messages and packages in the post from people I was on holiday with. When I got home from work and found the card and photos Claire sent me I was soooo happy and sooo touched.

And I had a good day at work today, I was really tired but when I got going and got there I felt good. No one else had understood the part of the AGM that had totally gone over my head so I don't feel like an uneducated idiot any more.

An afternoon in the sun reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (yes, I will read the rest before Deathly Hallows comes out and yes, I do know how little time there is left for that).

And an amazing sail last night. I learnt a lot, I screamed when the speed got up higher than ever before and I got soaked to the skin. It was fun. Feeling the boat just catch the wind and go pounding up and down through the water.

Seeing and feeling the water surge over the top and splash me, soaking my thru from the waist down and really testing my sailing jacket's "waterproof" status.

It did freak my out a little bit particularly when the speed really got up. And I wasn't 100% comfortable with my buddy - he was new and I'd not met him before. But the cloudy about the storm sailing conditions rocked and I loved it.

I was feeling quite down earlier tonight and woe is me "rock bottom" type (probably a pre-period thing) but writing all of that out I see again once more just how many blessings and good things I do have in my life.

And I feel better.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails