Thursday 1 February 2007

Squeeing somewhat sadly

Well, it's official. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will be released on 21st July.

I'm pretty excited by that news as I'm sure those of you who know me well will have realised I would be.  My first thought was to Squee lots and lots.  After all  I am absolutely obsessed with all things Harry Potter AND this means that my attempts as a part of the 100 Book  I get to include ALL SEVEN Harry Potter books (I will reread all the previous six before the release) on my Books in 2007 page. (which, by the way, currently stands at 9 books and 2,963 pages)
But... am I the only one who is also kind of sad to have the release date?  There will never again be a new Harry Potter book.  This is the last one and years and years of wondering and speculating and dreaming and hoping will be over.

I really, really want the book and I'm looking forward to reading it and finding out if the last word really is scar and who the two main character deaths are.  But dammit, I don't want the book.  I don't want the magic to be over.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Emma, I am so with you here. I am excited to read it but sad at the same time. Harry and his world have been the best escape. Part of me thinks, well it can't really be the last book, J.K. will want to write more - she just needs a break.

But no. Sigh.

Chana said...

My sweet, thinking of you and missing visiting...i'm doing better each day and i thought i stop by to tell you i have not forgotten you. i can't wait to be back full time..

i am so happy for you that you are feeling healthier and happy. your BMI is great, trust me, i would love to have that number, it would shock you to know what mine is..yikes!

i hope things keep on going positive. much love and many hugs..until soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails