Sunday 31 December 2006

2006 draws to a close and hopes for 2007

New Year is fast approaching. Less than seven hours left of this one and then it's goodbye to 2006.


What do I hope for in 2007?


Better health without high blood pressure issues; less depression black spells and maybe a little less spasticity too. So basically we're talking lose some weight for all of those. That my life will continue as it is now but that maybe I will find a new reserve on inner strength to make it easier. And that I might find the answers to the questions I ponder at the moment; the ones that make things hard for me and to which there does not appear to be any easy answer.


Less lofty goals for 2007 include hopefully going tall ship sailing again, making a huge dent into my books I've bought but not read pile and completing some more of my 101 in 1001 challenge.


Has 2006 been a good year for me? Yes, it has.


Sure there have been some blacker than black times and events I wish would never have happened. But I've done new things, been to new places and tried, succeeded at and loved some thing I never thought possible. 2006 took me on a journey I never imagined it would and it hasn't been easy. but as Albus Dumbledore said in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire "There comes a time when you have to chose between what is right and what is easy." And it's been worth it.


Every. Single. Step. Of. The. Way.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Happy New Year Emma! I hope you achieve everything you want in 2007 and plus some.

Love,
Jacqui

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails