Sunday 23 July 2006

Reunion

May 2005. My darling Nanny died and then a week or so later a good friend of my Gran's died. Nanny and Gran were always quite friendly and Nanny enjoyed going with us occasionally to visit Gran, she wasn't well enough to go visit Nanny for a long time.

I remember being with Gran while my Dad, Uncle, his partner and my Great Aunt went to the friend's funeral. We were talking and Gran made the comment that all or most of her friends were dead. It was pretty horrible because I just really didn't know what to say, I don't think any of us did.

June 2003. My Grandad died... he and my Gran had been married 58 years. I remember how upset she was, we all were. She said a few times that she was missing him. She had huge speech difficulties the last sort of 10 months or so and couldn't really communicate too well but I know she still missed him greatly. I remember how obvious their love for each other always was.

A long, long time ago when I was a child. I played a game with my Gran... she and my Grandad had a huge box of toys for us at their house and one of them was a phone... I pretended it was ringing and told her it was for her, it was her mother I said. She chattered away pretending to speak to her keeping up the game for me (I was probably 8 or 9), asking her mother how Heaven was and telling her she missed her.

Today. I am hurting, and I wish she had woke up this morning. But... she was peaceful, she was blissfully unaware of what was happening, she was home and she was in her sleep... all that happened was she drifted away and didn't wake up HERE.

She woke up somewhere else, with no pain and with her speech and other abilities the strokes took away restored to her. She is with her family who went on before her, the friends she missed so much and most of all, she is with my Grandad once again.

I'm trying to focus on that and not on the hurt.

I love you Gran. I miss you and I always will... but I hope you are enjoying your reunion.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails