Wednesday 24 May 2006

That's Who I Am

If I live to be a hundred
and never see the seven wonders
that'll be alright
If I don't make it to the big leagues
If I never win a grammy
I'm gonna be just fine
Cause I know exactly who I am


Chorus:
I am Rosemary's granddaughter
the spitting image of my father
and when the day is done
my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
but I've got friends that love me
and they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
and that's who I am


Verse 2:
So when I make a big mistake
when I fall flat on my face
I know I'll be alright
Should my tender heart be broken
I will cry those teardrops knowin'
I will be just fine
'cause nothin' changes who I am


Chorus:
I am Rosemary's granddaughter
the spitting image of my father
and when the day is done
my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
but I've got friends that love me
and they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
and that's who I am


Bridge:
I'm a saint and I'm a sinner
I'm a loser I'm a winner
I am steady and unstable
I am young but I am able


Chorus:
I am Rosemary's granddaughter
the spitting image of my father
and when the day is done
my momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
but I've got friends that love me
and they know where I stand
It's all a part of me
and that's who I am


(Repeat Chorus)

That's who I am

~ Jessica Andrews, Who I Am.

Do you know exactly who you are? I don't know exactly who I am. I'm learning though. And I've come to realise that things might be tough, they might make me want to scream and I might end up feeling like the world as I know it is ending. And that's OK. I'm strong, I'm tough, I'm cool, I'm me. I'm Emma.

I don't need to do it independently though, I can ask for help and that's ok. That's a concept I'm just now trying to come to terms with. It's a tough one too.

A change in my circumstances wouldn't change who I am. It might change me a little bit but it wouldn't be this miracle cure. It wouldn't make me happy or more fulfilled, thinner or better looking or less disorganised or any of a hundred things.

Who am I? Gladys' Granddaughter, Ken's Granddaughter, Henry's Granddaughter, Jean's Granddaughter. A girl with CP, a girl who loves to laugh but who has spent the past three or so years battling depression and hasn't laughed as much as she would like as a result. I am a CAB adviser, a writer, a swimmer, a lazy person and someone who wonders just what the hell she's doing wiith her life. A girl who fell out of her wheelchair at the weekend who has a sore nose as a result. Someone who will never climb Mount Everest but who has and will do any of a million other things instead.

That's Who I Am.

No matter what I do, where I go, what happens to me or who is in my life, I am Emma. And nothing can change that.

1 comment:

Chana said...

Hey beautiful, i'm back. Thank you for your wonderful comments..they and you are so lovely....I hope your trip was great...

I love your post...it's awesome..i love the video and the lyrics...

I don't know who i am yet. Trying to figure it out everyday. I have often felt like i should by now know because i am 36 but i am starting to let things be what they are. I am on a learning process, always going forward, trying my best. Knowing that my best some days is much better than others....My life has been full of changes in the last 4 yrs and i'm grateful for all that...I have grown up and been happier. I have felt safer and saner....i am guessing it's all good....
I have had to learn to let go of what i can't do anymore and still see all the possibilities of all that i can do...Overall, my life is better through it all. Acceptance gives away to freedom...I'm learning to be free and to feel alright with it...

Will be back asap to update myself in your posts that i've missed.....can't wait to read how you have been...

Hugs. Hope you are well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails