Sunday 16 April 2006

Saturday Sayings - Seven Sayings About Hope








saturdaysayings1.gif
Saturday Sayings: Seven Sayings About Hope1 "You can't give up hope just because it's hopeless. You gotta hope even more, and cover your ears and go 'bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla!'”
- Philip J. Fry, Futurama

2 "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
---Dale Carnegie


3 "Who's to say what's impossible
Well they forgot this world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything..."
--Jack Johnson


4 I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,
May you never take one single breath for granted,
God forbid love ever leaves you empty handed,
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.
I hope you dance....
--LeeAnn Womack

5 The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty
-- Winston Churchill

6 I have learned two lessons in my life: first, there are no sufficient literary, psychological, or historical answers to human tragedy, only moral ones. Second, just as despair can come to one another only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.
--Elle Wiesel

7 I still believe in Hope - mostly because there's no such place as Fingers Crossed, Arkansas.
-- Molly Ivins

My favourite of these quotes is the LeAnn Womack, I hope you dance lyrics. Because it's about a wish, a hope that the person she's singing it too gets everything they need. But it's also about hoping that they remain grounded and realise what its important in this world. It's about a hope that her loved one will seize every opportunity because they realise that life is for living and each chance to do something might be the last one we get. This song also puts me in mind of the quote "never take away someones hope, it maybe all they have." And once again I stumbled accross these lyrics at a time that I needed to be reminded of them. So... I'm dancing, join me won't you?


Links to other Saturday Sayings! I'd like to know who you are! But please, this is for participants of the meme only.



This is a new meme that my friend Shi started today. I love sayings so I just had to join in. Here's what she has to say about it This is a very simple meme. I hope it will be fun for you who participate. All you need to do is choose a topic and find seven sayings or quotes on it and then choose one of your seven to elaborate on. Quite simple! =0} Above all, HAVE FUN!

1 comment:

Christamae said...

7 Quotes I Try To Live By

Have an Attitude of Gratitude! (by me)

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
- Helen Keller.

True independence and freedom can only exist in doing what's right.
- Brigham Young

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give.
-Sir Winston Churchill

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs
but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.
- General Patton

Everything in life is a choice, even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment.
-Mattie Stepanek

Have an Attitude of Gratitude is my personal motto. Sometimes it's easy to become discouraged with life. I find that if I focus on my blessings and what I do have, I feel better.


Christamae

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails