Thursday 26 August 2010

101 in 1001 - Item 18...

Enter some Creative Writing competitions

...has been completed!

I've entered three competitions so far and plan to enter some more.

The Writers' Forum short story competiton, The Arvon Foundation six word story competition and Jot Speak's writing contest.

I'm not overly hopeful about my chances.  Mostly because the story I submitted to Writers' Forum is an edited version of the one I read on Saturday.  Having since re-read it several times for practice and for the real thing I've spotted mistakes that I'd missed.  And, not long after I submitted my six word story to Arvon I thought of a better one.  I've been meaning to look into whether you can submit more than one entry to that.

I only finished, edited and submitted my entry to Jot Speak today (it started life as a writing exercise in the creative writing class and I've worked on it off and on since then).  You can read it (and comment on it) on that site.  It's called Attitude is Everything.  You can enter up to three pieces to that competition and I have a couple of other pieces I may enter as well.  I'm not sure yet.

Regardless of whether or not I win, I am looking forward to the feedback and enjoying getting my work out there.  I definitely plan to enter more competitions in future

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails